I just picked up a red performer

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Great forum, I'll never get any work done now!

I had been looking for a used performer to go along with my 650 NG. And found one on CL this weekend, and grabbed it for $75.00. It cleaned up real nice, but i have never seen a red kettle, could the other owner have painted it himself? He did a good job if he did.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w152/paulferrari/performer002.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w152/paulferrari/performer001.jpg

Note from Moderator: Changed inline photos to links due to large filesizes. See "Posting Photos" link on BB homepage for guidelines. Thanks!

Paul,
Weber did (does?) indeed make red kettles.
And you, sir, have gotten yourself a beauty of an old red performer judging by those pics. You stole it for $75. Nice job.

Paul - You have no idea of how many people here are envious of your <span class="ev_code_RED">RED</span> Performer. Take care of her.

Jim

No paint on that sucker. Weber stopped making red ones due to certain bad chemicals needed when making the red ceramic coating from what I read.

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">GREEN</span> with envy over your <span class="ev_code_RED">RED</span> performer! Congrats! She looks like she is in good shape!

Congrats, That is one Sweet Looking Grill. Every kid on the block has a black one but you have yourself a rare Red one. Way
icon_cool.gif

Paul with your last name that red performer
would need to have a prancing horse attached
to it. I hope that you are able to drive one
of the Ferrari cars at least one time during
your life.

I'm going to check out a CL performer (black
icon_frown.gif
)but hopefully in good shape. Asking price is $75. From the photo looks like a 2005 or later because of the rounded plastic work table. Bottom grate may be missing. I'll check for the other parts, etc.

I have stumbled upon a red performer on craigslist, but the guy said it did not have the gas assist. were there some years where they did not have them, or is this one just missing? thanks i would like to find history on them if i could.

Originally posted by M_Kuharious:
I have stumbled upon a red performer on craigslist, but the guy said it did not have the gas assist. were there some years where they did not have them, or is this one just missing? thanks i would like to find history on them if i could.

It was probably a One Touch Platinum.

I do not think so, it is for sure a performer. it has a stainless table. i just never seen one without gas assist. seems rare.

I could be mistaken, I have the stainless table Performer, but with the gas assist, they are called "Touch and Go". I believe the Performer series means they are nestled in the table.

I've seen a red stainless steel performer without the gas assist. It had everything else though. Even the charcoal bucket under the stainless steel table... I wanted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back