Weber CI Griddle Care

Jon Des.

TVWBB Gold Member
Does anyone else have one? And have any tips for care? I followed the procedure in the book for seasoning it, but I'm concerned that cleaning it after cooking is removing the seasoning. Also, how does the seasoning hold up on the bottom. Thanks for your help.

I don't have one of these, but I clean my cast iron pans with grape seed oil, salt, and a paper towel. The oil coates the surface and the salt abraids away any stuck on food work it and wipe out the excess with the paper towel. Soap never gets on my cast iron.

Thanks Kaz. I do have experience with CI pans, but they don't live outside. After my first cook I made a couple clean spots while wiping the griddle down with an oily paper towel, which promptly rusted. I need to spot-season those areas before I could use it the next time, and I'm just trying to avoid that in the future. After my last cook on it I basically took any chunks of food off and let it sit as-is. I guess I'll see how that works next time.

One thing I do is after I wash it, I dry it on the kitchen stove, (high heat). No moisture left. We've been doing this with our cast iron cookware and have yet to have a problem.

Back