Kennmore Bar-B Kettle made by weber for Sears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addie_G

Hello all. I am New member and proud owner of a Weber Charcoal Kettle. Handed down from my father. I am reviving it & doing my best to bring it back to life so it can last another 10+ years

Anyone have a Weber Kenmore Bar-B Kettle?
I have an old Weber Charcoal kettle (e branded as a Kenmore) I believe Sears sold this model. It was handed down to me by my old man, it was the grill he taught me how to grill on.
Anyway It has some unique features that the new Weber charcoal grills do not offer.
1) A built in hinged Lid that hooks into holes in the kettle.
2) It has a built in porcelain coated tab built into the lid so it can hinge back and clip onto the kettle, much simpler that the Add-on lid holder.
3) The cooking grate although not hinged is porcelain coated, like a non stick skillet

The grill is in excellent shape except the legs are rusting so i ordered a new leg kit, & replacement handles.
There are a few minor blemished in the lid that I would love to touch up.
I will post a before & After photo of it soon.

I have a question What is th ebest way to clean the exterior surface of the kettle to c;lean it bring back the luster and prevent it from corroding? Also IS there a way I can treat the new leg set to prevent it from rusting? Possibly pain the legs?
Also Anyone who has a Kenmore Weber Charcoal grill please chim ein, what year was this grill made? Any advice would be welcomed.

Great Forum,
Respectfully,
Addie
Hermosa Beach, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back