New Summit, Genesis and Spirit Range Feedback

Phil Hartcher

TVWBB All-Star
The new BBQ season is about to start in Australia. Weber are releasing the new 2007 range of Summits, Genesis and Spirit BBQs to the Australian market.
I will start to demonstrate these in mid October. I know the technical stuff and features and benefits but would like to give the potential buyers positive feedback from actual owners.

I would appreciate feedback from any owners of the new range on what you like best about the BBQ you purchased so that I can pass these comments on to others.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards

Phil,

I just purchased a Genesis E320 grill 2 weeks ago to replace a 10 year old Ducane "lifetime warranty grill". What I like best about the Genesis is the speed in which it heats up (over 500 degrees easily) and the ease of being able to control the heat. The pci grates are very heavy and make super grill marks. I have not cooked inderect on it yet and think it will take a little getting used to, as the Ducane had 2 side to side burners as opposed to the Genesis 3 front to back set up. Not better or worse, just different. I also have a Weber One Touch Gold. I really think I got a lot of gas grill for the money. Should easily outlive the Ducane with minimal parts replacement over the years.

Marty

Marty
Thanks for those comments - The speed and heat control and PCI grate comments are great features that I can advise potential purchasers of.
I will be doing a lot of indirect when demonstrating so I will let you know in a few months my experiences in indirect set up on the E320. I have had plenty of experience on the Genesis Silver B through demostrating them for the last 3 years so it should be easy for me to adapt to the E320.

Regards

I recently got an S-650. I grill at night on occasion so I like the automatic handle lights. Massive surface area. Heat is in the 700F range.

The infrared burner does an excellent job with rotis. meats in browning.

I like the large flame that shoots out when you ignite a primary burner, since you can tell it is lit. By holding the button in, the large ~10-14" flame stays continuously lit, implying the burner is also lit. Makes it easy in daylight.

My big gripe is the difficulty of seeing whether or not the infrared burner lit in broad daylight.

Temperature control is very simple. The temperature stabilizes rapidly so it's easy to figure out what burner configuration (and there are many burners... 7 of them not including the infrared) produces what temperature.

Jimbo
Thanks mate.

Good points there that I had not considered.
I will take particular notice of the Infrared burner.

Regards

Back