Does Weber have fully enclosed bottom?

Dave L.

TVWBB Pro
I was all set to buy a Ducane grill until I found out there is no back panel on the bottom cabinet. The grill had everything I needed but that seems a little cheap. I'm still not sure I can afford a Genesis(deffinetly not a Summit). Are all Webers fully enclosed and any other recommendations on a type of grill besides Weber and Ducane. I have looked for used ones with no luck. I know you get what you pay for but I am not sure I can pay for a Gennesis. I really need help here.

I just bought a Genesis E-310 and can confirm that the bottom cabinet does have a metal back panel, metal panels on both sides, and two metal doors that open on the front. I can't speak with certainty about any other Weber grills.

For what it's worth, the Genesis is awesome!
icon_smile.gif

Hmmmmm - what about a sheet of stainless steel bolted to the back of the Ducane cabinet???? Hey - what fun is it if you can't mod it?

Pat

I thought of that Pat. But the way I figure it is why should I have to do anything to a grill that costs me $500. It only costs them a few dollars to add a piece of metal to the back when they are mass producing them.

Back