Lava!!!!!!!!!

Shaun R

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Lava

1 7ounce can of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce.

1 pound of sour cream

1 full teaspoon of finely ground french roast coffee.

Okay here's the ingredient that makes the orange sauce so addicting. (drumroll)

Chorizo grease! Yep! Here's the good news, it's optional. I never add it to the sauce. Or you can add the grease and leave out the coffee like some taquerias do. You decide how you like it.

Either way, blend it all together and refrigerate it for a little while and the flavors will come together. Watch out, it's pretty hot, that's why I call it Lava! Enjoy!
icon_redface.gif

A big thanks for this one Shaun. This stuff is outstanding.

While at a friends this weekend we made Carne Asada burritos (which you can’t get good here) and instead of guacamole (no fresh avocado’s either) we used this.

For breakfast we had chorizo with potatoes and eggs.
Usually we let the grease soak into the potatoes but this time I poured most of it out to save for this sauce and I'm glad I did.
I might not be very good for you but it does take it up a notch.

Next time I won’t sub it for the guacamole but add it with it to compliment both.

Thanks for sharing this!!

Thanks Josh, I am glad to hear you like it so much. I love it too, in fact i'm running low and need to make a new batch. Give the Lavacado a try along with it. It really stretches an avacado, since they are so expensive sometimes. Brian, I hope you found time to make it. It's our favorite with Mexican food. Thanks

I don't think it takes very much Ron. I would guess a teaspoon to a tablespoon should be pleanty.

Back