Forschner Questions (About to order)

Jeff M

TVWBB Member
I did attempt to search, but didn't really find the exact question so figured I'd ask quickly.

I'm looking for a couple of knives for slicing brisket/ribs etc as well as a knife to use for trimming up my ribs/butts/briskets.

Which type do you recommend for trimming? (I assume the slicer is the best for slicing done meat)

Hey Jeff, I recently purchased 3 Forschner knives and they are awesome. I got the 12" Granton Edge Slicer, 7" Fillet Knife and 4" Paring Knife. I didn't want to buy too many knives at one time and felt these would easily serve all purposes. So far these have worked great for everything from prep to slicing. I hope this helps.

I like the advantage of having 2 different fillet knives. So I get a flexible and a semi-stiff one.... They are relatively cheap too... the semi-stiff one I also like to cut my ribs with it...

Jeff,
Sorry this is late (after your order) but I am on vacation and just read your note.

I would definitely get a Forschner boning knife. It is a bit flexible and I have found that I use mine frequently.

Ray

Back