Forgive Me Father For I Have Sinned..

Bill Hays

TVWBB Platinum Member
icon_eek.gif
I bought a 10" meat slicer through the SausageMaker today. Got a damn good deal on it too! BUTT, it's made in CHINA!! It's not a Hobart and doesn't have the quality either but it's pretty nice and beats the hell out of my Waring Pro, which is now for sale!
icon_biggrin.gif

Can y'all forgive me? (has anyone else noticed that wallmart is prospering in these tough, uncertain times?
icon_eek.gif
)

Bill

Consume an American beer of your choice, recite the Pledge of Allegiance 3 times, then go forth and sin no more.
icon_wink.gif

Bill, the only thing I would worry about is parts. Maybe check with TSM and see if they stock them? Lucily, I can still get parts for my 1954 12" Globe no problem.
icon_cool.gif
I just got a new knife, (stainless steel) to replace the original hard chromed steel one. That set me back $150.00 plus shipping from Alfa in NY.
icon_eek.gif
They had the lowest price on the stainless ring blade I could find.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimH:
Consume an American beer of your choice, recite the Pledge of Allegiance 3 times, then go forth and sin no more.
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That could prove difficult ~ I'm a HUGE Labatt Blue fan!
icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
Bill, the only thing I would worry about is parts. Maybe check with TSM and see if they stock them? Lucily, I can still get parts for my 1954 12" Globe no problem.
icon_cool.gif
I just got a new knife, (stainless steel) to replace the original hard chromed steel one. That set me back $150.00 plus shipping from Alfa in NY.
icon_eek.gif
They had the lowest price on the stainless ring blade I could find. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Parts was my main concern too. He assures me that they have years of parts should the company go belly up.
icon_rolleyes.gif
An extra drive belt and sharpening stone come in the package and he's checking on the price of a replacement blade for me. I take pretty good care of my stuff so, baring an unforseen failure of the motor, I think I'm ok with this unit for years to come. If something else goes, I'm not out all that much.
icon_wink.gif

Bill

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Hays:
icon_eek.gif
I bought a 10" meat slicer through the SausageMaker today. Got a damn good deal on it too! and beats the hell out of my Waring Pro, which is now for sale!
icon_biggrin.gif

Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a Waring Pro also, after all the reasearch I did for a "good" low end slicer, you still get what you pay for I guess. If I can avoid it at all, I do. My electric knife slices just as thin (if I try) and is much easier to clean up...sorry just had to rant when I saw Waring Pro
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Hays:
icon_eek.gif
I (has anyone else noticed that wallmart is prospering in these tough, uncertain times?
icon_eek.gif
)

Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give me a break! What next? Oil companies forcing you to buy gasoline?

The explanation for that is easy. People who have been shopping at high-end grocery and retail stores are now shopping at Walmart. In tough economic times you shop by price, "organic" & "green" items become less important when money is tight.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimH:
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
icon_eek.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Make that 5 Pledge of Allegiances and one Star Spangled Banner, sung right, no improvization allowed!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by derek_d:
icon_eek.gif
I (has anyone else noticed that wallmart is prospering in these tough, uncertain times?
icon_eek.gif
)

Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give me a break! What next? Oil companies forcing you to buy gasoline? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
LOL! Don't take much, does it..

Bill
icon_wink.gif

icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
icon_eek.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Make that 5 Pledge of Allegiances and one Star Spangled Banner, sung right, no improvization allowed!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
DONE! Thanks, Jim.
icon_biggrin.gif

Bill

Back