rib rack

Matt S

I need a rib rack, and i am looking for suggestions. I want a rib rack with good capacity-- probably for at least 5 racks and it needs to be able to accomodate spare ribs. I will be using it with a 26 3/4 inch kettle grill. Anybody have some ideas?

don't know about the new weber one but the old one was not to good. i got one that looks like
the steven raichlin one. seems to be more
adequite.

If you want to get into serious money, do a Google search under "Dave Klose' or "Klose smoker". He has a custom SS rack which probably would do well in that size grill.

Actually here's the link that you can click on and scroll down to the Klose rib rack.

Paul

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">need a rib rack, and i am looking for suggestions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Matt,

I have an old one from Weber (it is at least 20 years old) and it is fantastic. I have only had my WSM for a few years, but the old rack works great and I can get 3 racks of baby-backs on it if I cut the racks in half. I had to "bend" the corners a bit to get it to fit on the WSM, but that was easy enough.

Ray

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">can get 3 racks of baby-backs on it if I cut the racks in half </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I should have added that I get 3 racks on the top grate...

Ray

Matt, I'll be a KCBS Rep here:

08-17-2007 to 08-19-2007
Western Regional BBQ Championships
Albany, Oregon

If you make it over, I'll give you one of my new leftovers (I bought them all!) from Williams-Sonoma a couple years ago--they're great.

Where in Central OR are you? I'm also planning a visit to Bend on late August.

I use the newest Weber rib rack. You can get 4 full racks of baby backs in each one. I smoked 8 racks a couple of weeks ago....4 on the top and 4 on the bottom. About $14 for a Weber rack.

Hi Matt, I use the Raichlin one. Picked it up for $7 at home outfitters. Can easily fit 4 racks of spareribs and have done 8 baby backs on it. Clean up is poor though. Good luck in your quest.

Back