Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Any Smoking A Turkey?

Ernest Buckley

TVWBB Fan
Hello Everyone,

I have been MIA for some time but just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Turkey Day. Enjoy your family and food and football.

I am thinking about smoking a turkey as an experiment! One will be in the oven but I am really curious to try and smoke a small one. Has anyone tried this? Please share!

Thanks,
EB

I've been cooking mine on my gas grill for the past 10 years. I'm going to try it on my new smoker this year. I'm getting cold feet though...

Hey guys, welcome to the site (or welcome back for ernest)! I am a new guy here too, but there is a plethora of info on smoking turkeys. There is even a specific forum thread called "turkey talk" for questions related to turkey preparations and smoking. I would venture to guess that 2/3 of the active members of this site are going to smoke a bird on the big day. Be sure to check out all the sites resources so your turkey will be something that you are proud of, and your family will want to become an annual tradition! Best of luck to you both!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by R Sullivan:
Hey guys, welcome to the site (or welcome back for ernest)! I am a new guy here too, but there is a plethora of info on smoking turkeys. There is even a specific forum thread called "turkey talk" for questions related to turkey preparations and smoking. I would venture to guess that 2/3 of the active members of this site are going to smoke a bird on the big day. Be sure to check out all the sites resources so your turkey will be something that you are proud of, and your family will want to become an annual tradition! Best of luck to you both! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! I admit, I didn`t check the site for previous threads about smoking a turkey.

I did "smoke" a turkey around 4 years ago on a 22 1/2" grill. I thought the turkey was quite good but my only regret was that I used apple juice to brine it in... I thought it was a little too apply for my tastes so this year I am bringing in salt water with some spices.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ernest Buckley:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by R Sullivan:
Hey guys, welcome to the site (or welcome back for ernest)! I am a new guy here too, but there is a plethora of info on smoking turkeys. There is even a specific forum thread called "turkey talk" for questions related to turkey preparations and smoking. I would venture to guess that 2/3 of the active members of this site are going to smoke a bird on the big day. Be sure to check out all the sites resources so your turkey will be something that you are proud of, and your family will want to become an annual tradition! Best of luck to you both! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! I admit, I didn`t check the site for previous threads about smoking a turkey.

I did "smoke" a turkey around 4 years ago on a 22 1/2" grill. I thought the turkey was quite good but my only regret was that I used apple juice to brine it in... I thought it was a little too apply for my tastes so this year I am bringing in salt water with some spices. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Curious....just apple juice?

Back