Couzan Billy's Jalapeno Pie

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Kevin Taylor on 11/7/2003

-------------------------

If you use fresh japs, be sure to saute first so they soften a bit.

Couzan Billy's Jalapeno Pie (Appetizers)

5 large Egg(s), beaten
2 cup(s) Cheddar cheese, mild, shredded
1 bottle Jalapeno peppers, sliced
Paprika

In a 10" pie plate, cover the bottom with the Japs...strain the liquid first. Sprinkle cheese over top. Pour eggs on top of cheese making sure to pour evenly. Sprinkle paprika on top of egggs.
Bake at 275? for 45 minutes.

Let cool for 10 minutes and then cut into 1" pieces.

These should be served on a FLAVORED cracker, bacon is my favorite. Frito's work well also.

Sorry 'bout that Chris! Here I thought I would save you some time.....LOL

You want these recipes listed individually on these threads? Will do next time!

Hey Stogie,

No problem. For these new recipe forums, I want each post to represent an individual recipe with a clear title. Then within a recipe thread there can be discussion of the recipe, clarification of ingredients or methods, or suggested tweaks/improvements for the recipe.

My hope is that this will make recipes easier to find, that people will be inspired to try new recipes by scanning the list of titles, and that really good recipes won't get lost within threads with non-descript titles or at the end of unrelated threads.

Thanks for asking,
Chris

Stogie,

This recipe looks very interesting, anything with jalapenos perks up my taste buds. What size "bottle" of peppers should one use? I might have to try this one real soon.

Thanks,
Wayne

Wayne.....

I actually use fresh ones, rough chopped.....enough to cover the bottom of the pie plate. I saute first to soften them up.

So, if you can judge from that...you need enough to make a pretty good size layer on the bottom of the pan.

Good luck!

Just made the pie, turned out pretty good. I used a 12oz. jar of Trappey's jalapeno slices, chopped them a little bit. I'm thinking some crumbled bacon or some leftover pulled pork might be good in this mix. Might have to try with the fresh peppers as well.

Wayne

Back