SockEye To Me, Baby!

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
My local Sendik's had/has Wild Alaskan Copper River Sockeye Salmon on sale this week... naturally, I was lured in and hooked.
DSCN7866.JPG

Using this recipe, i marinated the fish for nearly an hour.
Meanwhile, i halved three baby bok choy...
DSCN7867.JPG

...and seasoned them with a little seasame oil and soy sauce. Then sliced up a few scallions and one large red sweet pepper.
DSCN7869.JPG

The shiitake's were also waiting in the wings... also EVOO'd a few Fingerlings then covered'em with Salt-free Adobo
Got the 26" OTG in action once again...
DSCN7874.JPG

...then started the gameplan. Fish on! with the fingers in place...
DSCN7876.JPG

after a few minutes, made room for the BC.
DSCN7877.JPG

And a few minutes later, (not pictured
icon_rolleyes.gif
), the peppers, scallions and shiitake 'shrooms slipped underneath the BC in the CIS.
Just about the time I removed the SockEye.
DSCN7878.JPG

Moments later... dinner was served.
DSCN7882.JPG

DSCN7886.JPG

DSCN7887.JPG

Yessiree Bob! Good Stuff! That's the way to Sock Eye to me!
Thanks for hangin' around
icon_biggrin.gif

A fantastic Dinner you got there Jim! I can tell by those pics that those finger taters were a hit! I still havent tryed out bok choy. But it sure looks good! Another quality post cat!

im,

I love bok choy and have a favorite sauce that I put on them after cooking. I mix together
3-4 TBS rice wine vinegar and 1 TSP hot pepper oil (or 1 TSP olive oil with 5-6 dashes hot sauce) whisked together in small bowl . I sprinkle this over the bok choy. You may want to try this.

Ray

You know, looking at these pics this early (10 a.m. for me) makes me sooooo hungry.

I should really wait till 2pm to decide what's for supper by coming here and browsing
icon_biggrin.gif

Excellent pics & description !

That little fish "griller" you have: <STRIKE>what is the name of it/where to buy?</STRIKE>

Looks like a better way to do it than those "open it up/fish in/close it" type of chicken wire grillers they sell.

Found something similar and it's sold in Canada (so many products you use aren't available here). Or if they are, they are 50% more in price.
http://www.homedepot.ca/produc...-grill-topper/947650

As you know, I normally don't care for grilled fish,
but your fish looks so delish I wish I had a dish,
and a side of BC to relish!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My local Sendik's had/has Wild Alaskan Copper River Sockeye Salmon on sale this week... naturally, I was lured in and hooked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jim, you should write ad copy for Sendik's. they'd love it. I love your salmon dinner -- I'd be on that like white on rice!

Fantastic meal! Are you sick? Look at all that white between the food.
icon_wink.gif
Usually I have a tough time finding a plate under all that great grub you make.
icon_smile.gif

Very nice Jim, Jim are you feeling ok or on a diet, i have never seen the surface of your plates before, lol.

Wow Jim - outstanding as usual

That Sockeye is some really good stuff!

When I buy salmon, I prefer the Sockeye - It seems to have the most of that unique "salmony" flavor (I usually my salmon from my Dad and Brother from Lake Michigan fishing in Manitowoc)

It's one of those fish where I think that cooking it simple is best - anything too "dolled-up" just wrecks it. (Although I did have some once with a pan reduction with Port wine - drizzled over the grilled fish, with some angel-hair pasta with butter & garlic - probably almost as good as yours.)

Back