Brisket and ABTs

CullenJ

TVWBB Super Fan
I've been meaning to post this for the past couple of days, but keep getting caught up in other stuff ... Anyway, on Sunday we had some friends over which was an excuse to cook. I had not done a brisket in a while so decided to throw one on. I also hadn't done ABTs in forever so picked up everything for them.

My meat market didn't have any CABs like he normally does, just Choice, but the results were pretty **** good. It was about 15.5# prior to trimming and I only cut some fat out between the point and flat. It cooked a ridiculously long time - I put it on at 8 p.m. Saturday night and separated the point and flat at 180 around 2 p.m. Sunday. I chunked the point and put them back on the grill to render some more. I rubbed the exposed portion of the flat and cooked it a couple of more hours until probe tender.

The ABTs went on when I separated the point. They cooked about three hours.

brisket.jpg

ABTs.jpg

Great looking meal and thank you for some inspiration, I haven't done ABTs in awhile and have a large cook saturday. Think I will throw some on.

Thanks everyone!

While the brisket was very tender and juicy, that juice pooling in the pan is a finishing sauce. I like to use a finishing sauce on all my briskets.

John, that's a couple of pieces of bacon. I had about four or five slices left in the package and I didn't want to put them back in the fridge, so I just threw it on the smoker.

That's my kinda meal, RIGHT THERE! I agree **** good stuff!

Josh, if you really wanna impress cook up some of my taters from the throwdown with those ABTs!

Back