1965 Weber Ranger update...SOLD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick C.

TVWBB Member
Just wanted to give you all an update....I ended up selling the Ranger to Stig from Weber of Germany. It is currently in the Weber museum in Germany. I was able to get the $$ I was looking for AND a copper weber OTG!!! Below is the link to a couple of pics of the copper kettle. If you notice, the OTG from germany has the lid holder and the thermostat built in. My twins Ethan and Olivia also liked the grill!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rcasini/sets/72157610203794516/

I just want to than you all for your help and guidance and wish everybody happy holidays!!

Regards,

Rick <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

Wow! I am so glad to see an American icon (product) sold to the highest bidder (foreign company) in exchange for an American product!

WooHoo! You da man!!

That bronze OTG is a thing of beauty! Almost too pretty to cook on - almost!

You should christen it by cooking a Thanksgiving Turkey on it!!!

Pat

excellent, I was wondering what happened on this grill, I posted a couple times on the prevous post...glad you held out...That kettle is a huge score. Please post some **** when its in action. I wonder How much would it cost to order a copper kettle?

I am officially jealous.

I might be headed there but not sure if I'm going to splurge on a copper kettle and not sure how I would bring it back

Congrats on the $1 score!

That's a really nice looking Kettle you got there, but I'm sure if your twins knew what it is supposed to be used for,I don't reckon they'd be wanting to sit in there LOL.

Cheers

Davo

Nice looking grill that you have there! I'm sure that you'll enjoy many years of cooking with it. It looks exactly like the now discontinued Master-Touch that was sold in the USA. I don't understand why Weber sells that model in Europe and Australia, but not here. BTW, what does your friend that purchased the Ranger for $1.00 at a flea market think of all this?

I am putting together a basket with a bunch of misc. items for him....a new maverick thermometer, some lump charcoal, a fancy knife sharpener.....and some other stuff....He will make out pretty well......probably throw in a cryovac of ribs for him as well.

Yeah....I had to get rid of the ranger because I would have continued to cook on it....and I have enough stuff taking up by garage as it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back