Weber Dave's Steak Mop

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a mop recipe posted in another part of the BB that I wanted to capture here in the Recipes Forum.

Regards,
Chris

------

Hey Guys:
Had a great Mop recipe come my way from a customer. It's made to be mopped over steak, but can also be used for the mushrooms you're going to saute as well.
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>1 Cup Soy Sauce
<LI>Juice of 1 Lemon
<LI>1/2 Stick Butter
<LI>1 Tsp Garlic Salt

[/list]

Simmer for 5 minutes and mop over steaks 10 minutes before grilling, and mop as you're grilling.

My family threatened me with Mutiny if I ever forget to use it.

Weber Dave

Now that's a great recipe
smile.gif
I would use real garlic in preference to garlic salt or whatever though..and I doubt you would need to substitute the salt in the garlic salt, because soy sauce is salty.

Also..this is similar to a way of cooking chook (chicken) using soy sauce as a baste and a lemon or two shoved up the chook's bum and some grated rind from the lemon rubbed over the chook's flesh before adding the soy sauce.

So I reckon you could use this marinade for chook as well..and instead of wasting the rind from the lemon..grate it finely and add to the marinade.
regards
W
smile.gif

Hi Glenda:

Great suggestions! I've even used a variation of this mop on some salmon filets I grilled - all good stuff!!!

You & Jock might want to give us a brief Aussie Dictionary. Chook is chicken? I have a friend who's married to an Aussie gal. When her folks come to visit they bring me this awesome mustard! Unbelievable heat!!! I hate running out of it. Can't remember the name, but I sure miss the taste!

Best to you!

Weber Dave

Back