chuck roast cook

Joe S.

TVWBB Super Fan
Hello all.

Here is a chuck roast on the rotisserie.I used my basket from my ronco rotisserie to hold the roast.It is resting now I haven't tried yet.
DSC03744.jpg

DSC03745.jpg

DSC03746.jpg

Wow Joe that looks good from here! Makes me want to get me a rotisserie for my Kettles. Foods cooked on a rotiss are self basting and that helps to keep it moist. I have several larger rotisseries that I use. Tnx for sharin the pics.

joe

It didn't turn out as tender as I wanted.It was about 15 degrees out and with the holes from the rotisserie I couldn't keep my temp under 400.I even had my bottom vent opended just a crack and I think maybe I lit to much charcoal to start.I guess there is a learning curve using the rotisserie. 400 is way to hot for chuck roast in opinion.I wanted maybe 325 tops.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I guess there is a learning curve using the rotisserie </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hear you Joe!
The first chickens (2) I did on mine cooked nice and slow with just the right amount of heat/charcoal.
The bottom vents were mostly closed.

I threw a single chicken on it the other night and when I checked it after about 1/2 hr. saw that my fire was too hot, and my bird was already well browned.
I shut down the bottom vents.
It turned out very good, still moist, just not as good as my first ones did.

Yes there is a definite learning curve on rotisserie cooking. Most of the time what one cooks varies physically as to shape and uniformity. I think only a hot dog is uniform in shape and density.

joe

I had two charcoal baskets going.Maybe I will use just one and light only like 12 coals and dump them on the unlit ones.

I have a stoker I use on my grill dome.I am going to buy the adapter for the kettle.Before I do that I want to try my smokenator with the rotisserie and see how the results are.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ron "Rondo" hanson:
Hey Joe that sounds interesting....pls post results with pix, thx
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will do that.I might not try this until the weather breaks.I use my grill dome in the winter months more.

Back