Master-Touch Lid - Bigger or Defective?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Walsh

TVWBB Fan
While in Ace Hardware in Canton, CT this afternoon, I spotted among some items marked for clearance what appeared to be a 22.5" lid for a Master-Touch Kettle -- the lid has both a wooden handle and a thermometer sleeve. The vent is stamped "EE". Oddly, the date stamp is either backwards or upside down.

I could find no obvious defect in the lid, so I happily purchased for $20 what I thought would be a pretty sharp upgrade for my 2006 22.5" OTS. When I got home, I was surprised to discover that the lid does not fit as snugly onto the base of the kettle as the DR lid that came with the kettle. I don't think the lid is out of round; it just seems a little bit too big, such that there is a little bit of "play" (side to side or front to back) as the lid sits on the base. Now I am thinking that the bacward/upside down date stamp is an indication that the lid is not first quality.

Can anyone provide any input?

nope, thats the code. some just have a bit more play. one of my kettles has a little more than the other. if not much then i imagine it to be a manufacturing tolerance thing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kevin Walsh:
The vent is stamped "EE". Oddly, the date stamp is either backwards or upside down.

Can anyone provide any input? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try rotating the vent 180*. Then the letters should be correct.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back