my new (old) Weber kettle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregg M

I've thought about buying a 22.5' Kettle for several years and finally talked myself into it. After looking in stores at new grills and perusing the Chicago craigslist for the last month, I came across an interesting listing. Here is a picture of what was found and another. It turns out that this Master Touch was received by the sellers as a wedding gift years ago and used once. They didn't like using charcoal, so it was disassembled and returned to the original box. It's in perfect condition and to my mind, an absolute steal for $45. The best part is that I only had to drive about 6 miles to pick it up. The charcoal baskets were still in the cardboard packaging and I'm not sure, but I think the cooking grate (unhinged) is the stainless steel variety. The production code on the top damper is 'N', which makes it a 1991 model. You can bet that it will be used plenty now to make up for years of inactivity. Don't you just love when good fortune finds you when it's least expected?

A STEAL! You should be arrested for that. I think I should confiscate it from you to be used as evidence.Why can't I find stuff like that?

Nice score Gregg. Can't find those red kettles anymore, plus it's the lid with the thermo on it.

That is a beautiful grill!

After looking at it...it is really a modern one touch silver with a lid holder.

Here is my story...I bought a one touch gold and ordered from Weber the mastertouch (also performer) lid holder and performer vent grab. Then I ordered a tel-tru thermometer for the lid. I built my own mastertouch, but with the wonderful one touch gold ashcatcher!!!

I wish mine were red though!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back