How much Gas is Used?

Can anyone determine how much natural gas is used in the 670 when using burner 1 and 6 only for 18 hours? I did a pork butt and was wondering how much it may have cost me. Weber said they cant determine how much has would of been used..Someone should be able to get a close figure.

One cubic foot of natural gas produces approx. 1000 BTU.
The 670 specs say the input is 60,000 BTU/hr on full, so with 6 burners, each burner is 10,000 BTU/hr.
With 2 burners going (assuming full blast) you consume 20,000 BTU/hr.
18hr X 20,000 BTU/hr = 360,000 BTU
360,000 BTU / 1,000 BTU per CF = 360 CF

So assuming you ran the end burners on high you would have consumed approx. 360 cubic feet of natural gas.

Burt
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShaneH (Hawkman):
I knew someone would know.. However I used the burners on low.. what would that do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is more of an estimation then.
If you figure the low setting would be maybe 20% of the high, then you would have used somewhere in the range of 72 cubic feet.

Burt
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Burtess:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShaneH (Hawkman):
I knew someone would know.. However I used the burners on low.. what would that do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is more of an estimation then.
If you figure the low setting would be maybe 20% of the high, then you would have used somewhere in the range of 72 cubic feet.

Burt
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So it is it safe to assume that 72 cubic feet would be a little less than one CCF. Since I am charged about $1.50 per ccf, then I cooked the pork butts for less than $2? I don't have my latest gas bill around but that was the average rate per ccf.

So it is it safe to assume that 72 cubic feet would be a little less than one CCF. Since I am charged about $1.50 per ccf, then I cooked the pork butts for less than $2? I don't have my latest gas bill around but that was the average rate per ccf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One CCF (centum cubic feet) equal 100CF, so you you cooked the butts for ~$1.08
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Burt
icon_smile.gif

I think your regulator would limit the lower end of the spectrum so in fact your low setting might be closer to 30 - 50% of the max, with medium being somewhere around the 60 - 70% of max.

Back