Your relationship with Weber

Ryan Gardner

TVWBB Fan
Jamie,

I know you work closely with Weber to produce the Weber nation content and also the cookbooks. I'm just interested in hearing some more about your relationship with Weber - for instance, do you work out of Palatine, IL?

In addition to working on your cookbooks, do you have any "in's" with the people in product development?

Are you taking applications for an understudy? Can you score me a red 26" one touch?

(okay, just kidding about the last two... or maybe just the last one... okay, maybe not on any of them)

Hi Ryan,

You pretty well summed up my relationship with Weber. As a independent consultant for them, I focus on content development for books and videos. I work out of my own office in the San Francisco Bay Area. I also work for a variety food publications. For example, just today I accepted an assignment from Bon Appetit. It's a very good life I lead. I count myself extremely fortunate. Working so far from Palatine, I really don't have any connections to the people in product development, and I have no idea where you could get a red kettle. If I did, I'd own one!

I am always open to working with other cooks on recipe development and testing. If you are interested, send me an email. We can talk about.

Thanks for asking.

Jamie
jamie@jamiepurviance.com

Jamie,

Those answers are perfect
icon_smile.gif
Had you said "Oh, Product development, they are my boys. I talk to them every day" then this thread may quickly have turned into a whole slew of different topics
icon_smile.gif
(such as, why no thermometer in the WSM lid, among hundreds of other things) We'll keep it to the grilling recipes and the books
icon_smile.gif
You just dodged a Smoking Bullet
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I'll send you an email after this week is over and you will have time to check emails again
icon_smile.gif

Thanks again for coming on here. No offense to the past people who have had forums on here, like Raichlen and the others - but you are the one that got me into Grilling with your Big Book so it's really great to be active on this forum at the time when you have a Q&A running.

Back