Weber Q

Gary McD

TVWBB Pro
I check CL several times per day looking for grills (I have no clue as to why I do this), and lately I have noticed quite a few Weber Q's for sale. Purportedly, most have only been used for one season. The prices ranged from $113 to $200, and all but one came with the stand. I guess I dont know why so many people are selling theirs only having used them for one season. Is there something wrong with these grills that I am not aware of?

most likely folks find it to small in the end and buy bigger gassers. or they just don't knpow how to use them. still waiting for a deal near me.

Gary
I hve had one for 5 Years and convinced many of my friends to get one. They all use them on a continual basis. We got together last night for a BBQ and all agreed that since owning one and being shown how to use it and get the most out of it, they have never had a failure. at the BBQ last night my friend cooked for 14 on the Q200 - chicken fillets, sausages & steaks.

Regards

Hey Gary. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Weber Q220 (566002) that I have. I can't say one bad thing about it at all. If it was terrible, I would bash it and let it be known. All those great reviews on Webers Qs are right on target. I did a ton of research and went to stores to see them before I decided to get the Weber Q220 and I am happy that I did. It cooks a ton of food nicely and uses little propane in the process. Don't be fooled with "portable" or the picture and think that it can't cook much. It can cook a lot of food. You can indirect grill on it as well. I got the Weber Q220, stationary stand, Weber Grilling Book, cover, Weber roast rack and Weber tools.... And I love them all.

Look at my review on Amazon.com. I am BAH from long island. I bought it when it was $179 a month ago and see the price is at $219 now. Even at that price, it is still a bargain.
http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000WOS9RA/ref=pd_...TF8&showViewpoints=1

When the Weber Q's work they perform great.

They are not much on indirect, but that's not their strength.

I've had mine for 4 years and I couldn't recommend one. The Q's have a major flaw with their burner tube. They begin clogging almost immediately, and it is a constant battle to keep them working.

It's really sad because otherwise they are a fantastic grill for direct grilling.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ben Riley:
When the Weber Q's work they perform great.

They are not much on indirect, but that's not their strength.

I've had mine for 4 years and I couldn't recommend one. The Q's have a major flaw with their burner tube. They begin clogging almost immediately, and it is a constant battle to keep them working.

It's really sad because otherwise they are a fantastic grill for direct grilling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ben
If you check out some of my other posts there are several discussions on how to cook indirect on the Q - it is easy and the results are fantastic. Here is a recent one. Indirect on the Q I cook everything on the Q including cakes, bread, desserts, roasts, etc. I actually have a rolled shoulder of pork on the Q now and am about to roast some vegetables (Potatoes, Sweet Potato, Carrots and Pumpkin) with it for dinner.

Your comment on the burner tubes clogging has me intrigued. I have had mine for about 5 years and have not had a problem. Many of my friends have Q's and have not had a problem so it would be either the type of food you are cooking, how you are cooking it and where you are positioning it, or, moisture is getting in through the spider guard gauze, or you have a faulty burner tube.
May I suggest you speak to Weber CS and ask to talk to a Q Technician. The solid part of the grill is positioned over the top of the burner tube and prevents fat. juice from dripping onto the burner tube and producing flare-ups.
Part of your general cleaning regime should be to brush the burner tube with your grill brush before use. This should overcome any problems.

Regards

go to translate.google.com and put in
mybbq.net/forum/index.php. this will translate it to english enough to read. go to tools & toys and also pimp my grill. in the pimp part is a guy who put a rotisserie on his q220. both sections have very interesting setups.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
go to translate.google.com and put in
mybbq.net/forum/index.php. this will translate it to english enough to read. go to tools & toys and also pimp my grill. in the pimp part is a guy who put a rotisserie on his q220. both sections have very interesting setups. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

George,
Good find and interesting concept maybe we should push weber to make a proper adaptor kit for a rotis on the Q 200/300 series.

Regards

Back