Newb Mounts his TelTru w. Pics!!

Jay Benham

TVWBB Member
Hey!

I just got my wsm last week. It was time for a thermometer. I went with a TelTru. This thing is one serious thermometer. I went with the 4'' stem (i think its a 4'') to try and get as close to the grate as poss. I measured, put the blue tape on her, centerpunched, and drilled my 7/8'' hole with a unibit. Then installed the locknut kit that i purchased with the teltru. Very easy installation. Don't be scared. Soo tell me what u think.

jay

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii240/armyof2_photo/IMG_0587.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii240/armyof2_photo/IMG_0588.jpg

Perfect placement IMO. It will get in the way from time to time but you can always find a hole somewhere for the stem to have ample room away from the cold meat. Just remember that if you really pack the meat on the top grate, always try and save a spot with good clearance on both sides of the stem. What will happen is you can get a false pit temp reading if you have cold meat against or very close to the stem. I use a 6" stem Ashcroft thermo so I'm used to this little glitch but work around it because I'm getting a very close to actual top grate reading with the longer stem. Good choice on the Tel-Tru 4" HTH

Nice job, Jay. If I were ever to buy one, the black dial is the way I'd go too. Very sleek.

Thanks guys
icon_smile.gif
Toby- what do you mean by spinning the handle around?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jay Benham:
Thanks guys
icon_smile.gif
Toby- what do you mean by spinning the handle around? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So when you are standing there looking at the thermo the "Weber" on the handle is right, not upside down.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jay Benham:
I'm going outside right now to fix that...now you u said something it will drive me nuts lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>'

I was just thinking that very same thing yesterday, maybe I'll go fix mine now
icon_smile.gif

Back