Maverick Remote Check Thermometer

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Have been using the remote thermometer with great success lately. However, made a BIG MISTAKE and used it in my Weber kettle; forgetting about the higher temps in a kettle.
redface.gif

It seems I have burnt out one of the two probe sensors.
eek.gif
I was using one in the meat and the other sensor in the pit. I got a strange reading on the pit sensor and removed it. The one in the meat was working OK for a while then just read "HHH", as it still does!
So, don't use the unit for high temerature pits.
Anyone know if Maverick has a web-site or e-mail address? I guess I can't get warranty (2 reasons, they DO warn about using it at high temp & because I'm overseas in Australia) but I'd like to contact them to get a new sensor probe.
Fortunately, since the main use (for me) is monitoring pit temp of WSM, the thermometer equipment is still worthwhile.
Any info greatly appreciated.

regards
Jock

Which wireless remote is best the maverick or the $89.00 one from sharper image/frontgate?

THANKS LARRY!
I just want to say that as a result of my post, above, one of our BBQ community has contacted Maverick on my behalf & organized free replacement probes for me.
Larry is a top bloke and I thank him very much. As we say down under - good onya mate!
I've got to say that Maverick has also displayed good customer service, too.
Good Q'en to "youse all"
regards
Jock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back