Basil Burger Recipe

G

Hey guys/gals. I created a new burger recipe tonight and i thought i would share it with you all so you could enjoy it. I took 1/2 pound of ground chuck and mixed it with 1-1.5 tablespoons of basil pesto. I also added kosher salt, onion powder, garlic powder and a little fresh ground pepper. Make sure you mix everything in the meat really good; you don't want large chucks of pesto in your burger. I then grilled it over my little smokey 4 min one site 3 minutes the other with mesquite (i don't grill without using wood anymore). I used two slices of provalone cheese.

I then made up a homemade mayo recipe of mayo + fresh genevese basil + 2 cloves of garlic + onion powder + fresh ground pepper + kosher salt.

I grow heirloom tomatoes in the garden so i chose a very ripe cherokee purple tomato for this burger which i lightly salted/peppered the tomato slice.

It was unbelievable. I am definitly going to keep this in my recipe book to make again. I hope everyone enjoys this as much as i did.

Note: i never measure (well usually not) that is why there is a lack of measurements. Everything is pretty much to taste. This will give you a basic idea though whats needed.

enjoy.

Brent

Back