Over 100 sausage recipes

Nice! I like the looks of it, none of the stupid things like soy protein concentrate, and corn syrup solids. Too bad the recipes are in metric weights.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Too bad the recipes are in metric weights. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Did you possibly mean "not in metric weights" ?

Thanks for the link Bob!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Did you possibly mean "not in metric weights" ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

uh, right
icon_rolleyes.gif

Didn't browse through all of the recipes, but this looks interesting
icon_rolleyes.gif

"Yirtrnicky"
1 pig Head
1 pair of lungs
1 pork heart
2 pork kidneys
1/2 pork liver
Stale bread
etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
Didn't browse through all of the recipes, but this looks interesting
icon_rolleyes.gif

"Yirtrnicky"
1 pig Head
1 pair of lungs
1 pork heart
2 pork kidneys
1/2 pork liver
Stale bread
etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Eewww..."stale bread"? No thank you!!
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Eewww..."stale bread"? No thank you!! Big Grin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

I can't wait to try to get a pig head into my grinder. not sure it'll fit...

and you got to see the recipe for "cuckolds"

That pdf file is saved, thanks.

Newbie question for you guys. When a recipe calls for "n" pounds of "pork trimmings" what do you use? I typically won't have that many trimmings about (3lbs in one recipe). Would you sub in pork butt?

Pork fat I get, but pork trimmings - was wondering if there was something specific to sub in.

Ray,
The trimmings can come from any part of the hog.
The butt has a nice mix of fat to lean, so it's great for sausage making.

I'm a little rusty on sausage making, so maybe one of the experts will chime in.

Great thread Bob and thanks for sharing!

"The butt has a nice mix of fat to lean, so it's great for sausage making." - True!

Thanks Bob. Just saved the file and emailed it to my father in law, a "smoker" with a BGE in Smokey Mountains of NC.

That's an excellent link Bob! Thanks - saved as a pdf on the Mac for future reference. Now all I need to do is save up for a meat grinder...
icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now all I need to do is save up for a meat grinder... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
$89.00 It's time!
icon_biggrin.gif

The link took me to a Northern Tools page that "doesn't exist"... but a quick took around and I found it. Thanks Marc!

Gotta say, I used the recipe for chorizo from this book (with a slight modification added 1/2 tblspn of habanero powder and 1/2 tblspn of ancho and only 1 tblspn of chili powder) and used it for my mexican inspired fatty. Cardiac Roll

It turned out fantastic.. Can't wait to try some of the other recipes. Have my eye on the Fennel and Whiskey sausage for this weekend perhaps..

Back