My *NEW* find!

Robert Black

TVWBB Fan
Genuine Weber spatula found at Goodwill for $.50. I've been told if you use genuine Weber utensils with a Weber grill or smoker, the food taste better. Wooden handle is a little warped and leather strap is slightly green. Wonder if it would be covered under warranty?
icon_rolleyes.gif

WeberSpatula.jpg

The wooden handle can be preserved by rubbing either with pure tung oil (3 or 4 applications) or by rubbing with mineral oil; mineral oil is baby oil without the added fragrance.

I wish I still had it, but I found a genuine Weber mailbox. It was avocado green, harvest gold and orange.

I showed it to my Weber rep and he'd never seen one.

What was I thinking when I sold it?

$$$$$$

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marlene Steinberg:
genuine Weber mailbox. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I find that amazing. A Weber mailbox.

Someone in the advertising business told me what they call it but I forget now. A company, like Weber, that makes a product (grills) comes out with a product that is more than likely, related in some way to their known product. Example: Weber has "their" brand grilling spices. They don't make spices, they have a spice company make it for them. It keeps the Weber name brand on peoples mind when they are out shopping. They don't particularly make any money off these items. Matter of fact, they may even want to loose money on these extraneous products so they can write it off on taxes yet it is good advertising for them.

Just yesterday, I'm sitting in a doctors office and a patient comes in and sites down. He has a pair of ankle high work boots on with the logo "CATERPILLAR" on them. I've heard of companies wanting to "diversify" but this is ridiculous.

But a mail box? Was it in the shape of a grill? The postman lifts the lid and puts your mail in it. How clever!

Back