Charcoal baskets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony W.

TVWBB Fan
I usually do most cooks for me and the wife and being that frugal guy I usually just put the baskets together
and grill on top. But have also tried the baskets on the outer edge and put the coals in between the empty baskets. I would imagine more air is running when I cook between the baskets as to when I fill the baskets and grill directly over the coals.

Just wondering how you guys set up for a small grill meal...

Anthony

I have the charcoal rails instead of the baskets and I'll bet you'd get even more airflow with them.

But since I have a couple of Webers I just go with the one that's sized best for what I'm cooking...

Brad

For 2 burgers/steaks/chicken breasts, yeah, I cook directly over the baskets. As the food to be cooked expands, I move the baskets apart a few inches to create a larger hot spot. For large cooks, I dump the baskets out and spread coals into a larger fire.

I use lump, which burns better stacked than spread out. Briquets may be different.

i bought some baskets due to a good price. havn't used them as i like the rails but i can see the uses and will try that. tonight i'm using one to hold coals for the first time on my char griller to smoke some fatty's. havn't used the cg for several years so i got it all cleaned up and rotissed a chicken the other night and now the fattys.

Hi Doug, also a big fan of lump, so would be best to use the baskets as they are stacked more
than being spread out..

Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back