Triple Chocolate Mess

Todd R.

TVWBB Super Fan
1 pkg. chocolate cake mix
1 pint sour cream
1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding (small)
1 small bag of chocolate chips
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs
1 cup water

Spray your crock-pot with non-stick spray. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and pour them into a crock-pot. Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours. Serve with ice cream.

6 Hours will give you cake-like edges with a gooey middle.
8 hours will give you an almost cake-like dessert.

Todd, just want to let ya know that im plannin on trying this for this coming fri night dessert. I'll let ya know how it turns out

ps i will be subst the sour cream for non-dairy sour cream....will see how that works?!

Hi Todd, I'm gonna make this for the family tomorrow...looking forward to it, it sounds fun.

Do you have a volume amount for 'small bag of chocolate chips? Is a small bag 1 Cup? 2 Cups? What I have on hand is a one kilogram bag (2.2 lbs).

thanks for the post

My son and I liked this recipe, my wife the baker did not. She is appalled that I have shared this recipe? She insists that I share another one, which is a big favorite in our neighborhood, so the Black Russian Cake recipe will follow this post
icon_smile.gif

Hope you enjoy the mess…if not give this one a try!
And other than "small bag of chips" I have no other info, I cant recall the size, but it was the smallest in the baking aisle?

well, the results.....

this desert was terrific!!! everyone loved it.. you can tell you wife not to worry....hey how bad can it be...

dunkin heinz cake mix, pudding mix, chips non-diary sour cream, some eggs and water and oil.....

i cooked it with the cover on, for the first hour i had the crockpot on low but it looked like it was cooking to fast.. so i put it on warm, held it there for about 6 hours...

about 1/4 to half inch all around was cake adn the rest was puddin like....served it in pyrex ramikins....it was perfect thanks

monster ribs, "alton's" corn dogs (which ill post tom about) and choc mess....(of course, we had chicken and diff types of veg kugels and veggies and what not....

thanks todd A+

Todd:

This can't be bad. But where is the Cream Cheese? Maybe sub 1/2 Sour Cream and 1/2 CC?

BTW....will be trying this in the near future.

Back