Maverick ET-732 question

Hayden McCall

TVWBB All-Star
I recently picked up two of these for a big project I have coming up over the 4th of July weekend. I've already used the device, and it's freakin' brilliant. I absolutely love it. However, I need to ask ONE question. When adjusting the temperature, pressing the button moves the number up. Is there anyway to move it DOWN without cycling one button press at a time, all the way through the 570's??? I was at 160, and wanted to go to 135 (which I found out I couldn't do anyway), but I saw no way to incrementally decrease the desired temp. As a result, I had to hammer the button over 300 times! Is there a way to at least reset to the lowest setting at 165 without having to cycle through the entire numerical spectrum???

I don't think there is a way.....at least I haven't figured it out yet! But you can hold down the button instead of pressing it every time can't you?

Negative to holding down the button. I know it seems nitpicky, but what an absolutely horrendous omission. There is no reason to have to press a button HUNDREDS OF TIMES to go back 5 degrees.

Yes, they are all made to hold down to advance. However, if you overshoot by even one degree, you have to go all the way back around to hit your target mark. There is no way to bring the target down....only up.

Ok. I got it. A little goofy, but I can handle it. I was under the interpretation I would have to hit the button for each degree of change. LOL I was going nuts.

Back