My most difficult to close CL score ever

So I see a CL ad in Madison for a portable Weber grill. Guy has a link in the ad to Amazon for a Weber Smokey Joe Gold, exactly what I wanted to build a Smokey Jose. So I e-mail the guy, tell him I'll give him a little more than he's asking and try to arrange a time to get it (about 2 miles from my office).

I chit you not, over the course of a week and a half, it took 11 e-mails, 2 phone calls, a text message, and the guy bumping his ad on 2 separate occassions before I finally picked it up today.

So I knock on the door, tell him I'm there for the grill. He says it's out back. I walk behind the house and meet him by the garage. He picks up and hands me a JUMBO JOE! (SJ Platinum, DU date code)

Needless to say I was pshyched!

It isn't what I wanted, and I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with it, but at least I have it now, and it will land in the hands (one way or another) of a Weber fan who will appreciate it!

SCORE!!!

Well Clark, you know those types from Madison...
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Regina S:
So Clark are you saying you don't want it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Not exactly. I'm saying it wasn't what I was looking for.

Now that I have it, and getting it cleaned up, I'm starting to think this may need to go into my collection (which is getting close to museum standards in quantity!).

Besides, if I do part with it a very good friend from right here in the Badger state would have dibs.

Ahh, the elusive SJP. I want one in the worst way. Haven't really found any locally. I remember the day a few years back I was in an ACE and saw one and was put off by the new price tag. Stupidly, I passed.

Regrets...

Oh well, congrats on the score!

Back