SCORE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Mistretta

So, I'd been halfway looking for a weber charcoal grill ever since I got the WSM. Build quality seems great, etc.. Just haven't found the 'right' deal on craigslist.
Fast forward to tonight: I was leaving the neighborhood to pick up one of the kids from softball practice and saw what looked like a weber grill set out with the trash. I made a mental note to check it out on the way back. Sure enough it was a weber of some type.. only it was still light out
icon_frown.gif
I don't want my neighbors thinking I'm a trash picker, especially since I don't know this particular neighbor.
I waited until dark and loaded her up in the van. Luckily I was super stealth man and think I got away undetected.

Now I'm going to post about it one the web so that all can make fun of me. If you're my neighbor, please only talk about me behind my back.

It turns out to be a One Touch Platinum 22". Only problems that I can tell are the table is bashed up and a missing bottom rack. It seems everything else is in fairly good condition. It's still fairly dark but I didn't see any rust on the outside. I'll be cleaning it up this weekend to get the full assessment.

Free beats the possible embarrassment of neighbors finding out. I guess I'll be making a call to Weber soon to get replacement parts.

How much do these things usually go for?

Hey David, looks like you got yourself a bargain.

Maybe when you get it together with all the new gear and fired up....ask the neighbour around for a burger and say "do you recall that old weber you threw out on the street a while back?" and then point to your machine LOL!!

You mentioned a table that was bashed in...i was just wondering if it was an old Perfprmer that you got with the kettle on one end and table on the other with a trolley? If so you did extreeeeemely well.

Cheers

Davo

Sydney Australia

sorry for my erratic spelling: that should have read PERFORMER not Perfprmer hehehehe

cheers

Davo

Congrats!

A good euphemism is "I got it from a friend of mine" which hides the true source. The "friend" just doesn't know the favor they did for you.

I feel the same way: I don't go looking for stuff, but if in my normal travels I found something useful & good, I don't mind stopping to grab it. No shame, just good sense IMO.

David,

Good score. Call Weber customer support and get the replacement parts for the table and the bottom rack. And while you're at it, you may want to get another cooking grate so your food doesn't come in contact with something you pulled out of the garbage. I'd recommend going with the stainless steel cooking grates.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back