BBQ Chicken and "Jim Lampe Potatoes"

Jeff R

TVWBB Pro
Was in the mood for some BBQ chicken and decided it was time to make some that didn't look like the inside of a chimney. Indirect with a little sear is your friend.
icon_smile.gif

First up...What I call Jim Lampe Potatoes. He makes them often and I keep saying I need to. This dish seemed perfect for them

IMG_0053.JPG

Now the star of the show. First seasoned with Oakridge Game Bird and Chicken rub. Then finished with some homemade sauce.

IMG_0054.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

I did struggle a bit with the potatoes because over the coals was to hot for the entire cook and I needed the indirect space for my chicken. Had to move to the oven to finish, but the grill and CI makes great flavors. May need to finish in the gasser next time since it side by side.

Thanks Jim

Great looking dinner!! It has be3en forever since I made BBQ chicken. When I make those potatoes I precook them and just cook them long enough in a CI pan to get the cut side crisp

Chicken and taters look awesome. Wife's picking up some bakers today and I'm thinking it's been way to long since I made those.

Back