Fan stopped working...

KevinB

during my cook I noticed the temp started going down, so I when I checked it out, the fan was not on...even though Stoker Log said it was on. Turn the stoker on and off, still nothing. Any ideas? Is the fan toast?

Doesn't sound good
icon_smile.gif
. Is it plugged in right?

You don't have the fan on a Y-Splitter with anything else do you? Temp probes are fine, but I've found the fan works best when it is in a port by itself.

Yep, plugged in. I even tried some different ports. I'm going to try to take apart today. if it is bad, is there a place to get a relacement. Rocks charges 100 bucks, but thats for the whole casing also. I would just need the fan.

It could be the fan or something could have happened to the 1-wire chips (located in the plug). Good luck!

Got it apart..yep, the fan bearings are toast. Barely can turn the fan even with a screw driver. Searched the internet on the part number, and found one for 21 bucks,not too bad. Anyone happen to have the part number for the 10CFM fan? I may want to look to upgrade since I have to buy a fan anyway.

I think the challenge is the 5 CFM is 5V and I think the 10 CFM is 12V and requires and additional power source. Perhaps you can find a 10 CFM that runs on 5V?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A. Vale:
I think the challenge is the 5 CFM is 5V and I think the 10 CFM is 12V and requires and additional power source. Perhaps you can find a 10 CFM that runs on 5V? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Stoker 10 CFM does run on 5V. The issue is that the startup current of the 10 CFM fan is too high for the standard power supply. Hence, you need a 5V power supply with a higher current rating to support the 10 CFM Stoker fan. That will remain a problem unless you can find a 10 CFM fan with a lower start current.

Back