Steak 'n Taters

Walter R

TVWBB Fan
My wife had a girls night out on Friday, so I grabbed a steak from the local butcher for myself
icon_biggrin.gif

A simple Delmonico dusted in steakhouse seasoning. A coupla Maine spuds cupped and wrapped in bacon. Some Vermont cheddar for the filling.
IMG_0015.jpg

Finished on the grill...
IMG_0018.jpg

My plate....
IMG_0023.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone!

Looks great.

Did you bake those taters a little first before putting them on the grill? I haven't tried that method yet.

Mmmmmm....now THATS the way I like to start my Saturday morning! I'm thinking this might be on my grill tonight. Great job!

Well Walter... that's one heckova "simple Delmonico"... looks FANTASTIC! L?ve the p'tatas too!
Butt your table... it's GORGEOUS!! Please tell more about your table!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words!

Mike, I just put the taters on first. At least an hour for a few and more for a crowd. Try em if you haven't...good stuff.

Jim, that's actually my bar in my playroom. It's a single slab of pine that I was able to get from a carpenter friend in Northern New Hampshire. We had to cut 3 feet off of the original slab to make it fit. I just had to finish it. Good spot to watch a game and enjoy a good meal!

Hi Walter,
This is the first post in the 'photo gallery' where my eyes were drawn to something besides the food at first glance; I agree w/the others, that table is beautiful.

Steak & taters look pretty darned awesome, too!

Back