Flavor in the water pan

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

On a few occasions I have tried adding some flavor by adding ingredients to the water in the pan. I tried lemons and some lemon juice this weekend when making lemon chicken and in the past added worstershire(sp?) and onion. Sounds like a good idea but I'm not sure I can tell any difference in taste when doing this. So do others add anything to the water and do you think it helps to add any flavor to the meat? Thanks.

John in WA

John
You are better off putting it on the meat than in the water, with chicken try marinating it will make a big difference.
See you at Paul's class in April.
Jim

John,

I put wine in the water pan once. I should have drank it instead; I couldn't tell any difference in the taste of the chicken. You'd be better off putting the lemons and onions in the cavity of the chicken than in the pan.

Steve

Yo to all, I too have tried using a flavored liquid in the waterpan and did not notice any extra added flavor on the meat. I really thought it would work too and I guess this is another example that "theories" don't necessarily work in the real world. Of course I had to prove this myself three times with three different types of flavors!

Beers to all,

Juggy D Beerman
Warrensburg, MO

Ditto. My experience has been the same. Waste of time and spice.

Brian

This horse may be dead already but wanted to get a few kicks in. I have tried beer, wine, and apple juice in the water pan at separate times and nothing made much of a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back