Tennessee > Memphis: Bar-B-Q Shop

CullenJ

TVWBB Super Fan
While I think Central edges them out in the flavor department, the Bar-B-Q Shop has the best service of any barbecue restaurant - heck, almost any restaurant - I've eaten in. So far (notice the so far), I've only had their ribs, but they were great. Very tender (a tad too tender), very flavorful and HUGE! Probably the best beans I've had here. They serve their meals with Texas toast which is a big plus in my book. I also love the ambiance of the place. Wooden floors, a lot of exposed brick, tin ceiling - it's both modern and nostalgic. As soon as you walk in you feel like someone's welcoming you into their home. Genuinely friendly people giving you genuinely good barbecue.

The Bar-B-Q Shop is located at 1782 Madison Ave.

Good call!

A lot of people would say they have the best pulled pork sandwich in Memphis. Their sauce is great. Awesome slaw and beans. You are right about the service being friendly. Good crispy fries.

My wife always says The BBQ Shop is the best BBQ place in Memphis. Everything there is very good. Just make sure to get one of those sandwiches.

Back