"Stekt Fläsk"

Wolgast

TVWBB Olympian
Something i ate often and loved when growing up. There was always a fight between the brothers bout the slices.(dissapeared to fast)
icon_rolleyes.gif

Prokbelly slices with only salt/pepper,onion sauce,lingonberry jam,and boiled taters.

Here we go:
Sliced up

On the grill indirect. Untill tender..And some of that fat render down.

Then direct to crisp up.

Done:

Plated:

A great dinner. The pork just taste so fantastic. And the only way to eat it is to hold a slice in your hand.(watch your fingers)
icon_smile.gif

I love this dish as well.
Unsmoked bacon, potatoes and green pea purée as a Norwegian twist. Lovely!

Your flesk looks just about perfect! I'm sure it's even better made on the grill than in a pan.

mighty fine meal!

Americans are pretty fixated on bacon and rarely consider the merits of uncured/unsmoked belly. Just look at the number of threads devoted to trying to find belly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I really like the translucent bacon shot. It all looks great Daniel well done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I second what Bill said!
Beautiful cook and pics DW!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There was always a fight between the brothers bout the slices. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I fight you all for a bite of that. Looks like a great, traditional dinner. Love it.

Great looking pork belly and your plating looks very appetizing. When I was a kid we ate pork belly often. My parents called it "side meat" and I liked it better than bacon. Gotta try it again!

Scotty W.

Awesome cook Daniel. They don't serve this one at the Swedish Embassy (Ikea), but I'd love to try it.

Jeff - I think the fact that belly is such an ordeal to find makes it tough to justify making anything but bacon. Not to mention the fact that it's just soooooo good. This merits a try, though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">makes it tough to justify making anything but bacon </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

obviously, you haven't tried this:

IMG_4586.JPG

icon_biggrin.gif

Dittos on all the other comments - but what's in that puree? That plate with that hit of lingonberry or any berry is right up my alley.

I have ideas on the pickles too. A very simple elegant plate that looks packed with flavors that complement. Very nice.

I have a reliable source for belly now. It's a welcome addition. Haven't had it (uncured/smoked/fresh) since I was a kid going with my Dad to the local butcher/farmer where the live stock were running around out back and I even got to pet and feed them. Actually helped slaughter an angus there once.

Back