Throwdown #5 - ABTs

Don Cash

TVWBB Gold Member
Hello. Following in Gary's footsteps and trying to stay closer to the "Throwdowns" on Food Network, I want to go with a specific dish instead of an ingredient. The "Atomic Buffalo Turd" (or "ABT", for short)...traditionally a bacon wrapped, cream cheese & pork stuffed grilled/bbq'd jalapeno. Don't let the traditional definition confine you, however. Let your creativity soar and you too could have the pressure of choosing the next Throwdown
icon_wink.gif

Dish/Ingredient: Atomic Buffalo Turd
Start Date: 5-5-12
End Date: 5-27-12

Good luck!

Awesome, I will be bookmarking this thread in a couple weeks.

I'm not very creative myself I just want the recipes.
icon_smile.gif

Ok going to start this thing off!! Bear with me...first throwdown...went way non-traditional but it is Cinco de mayo so we are going with a Mexican theme!

Started off with some sirloin cut up...
[IMG:top]
5e360817.jpg
[/IMG]
Turned it into this..
f3723d46.jpg
[/IMG]
Getting ready for the grill...
35fa4572.jpg
[/IMG]
In the pan with diced up garlic, jalepeno's and sweet onion....

cc9d2000.jpg
[/IMG]
Added some seasoning and a beer an let it simmer for a bit..
e6a8d650.jpg
[/IMG]
Sorry no building pictures(got messy)..here they are getting some grill and smoke flavor.
6998f7c4.jpg
[/IMG]
Added some corn tortilla strips in hot oil.
8f37541f.jpg
[/IMG]
Ok plated with a dab of sour cream and the tortilla strips, and the closest thing I had to Mexican beer(ya I know long way off)..
b7f004c1.jpg
[/IMG]
Little closer!
aaee7561.jpg
[/IMG]

Sorry folks my presentation wasn't quite what I was going for...got pretty tough at the end! Great flavor and glad I had a beer to put the flames out!

Thanks for looking!

Morgan,... those look <span class="ev_code_RED">HOT</span>!!!
I'll bet it'd melt that snow you got a few days ago.... Great Post!!

Any chance we might extend this 10-14 days since we're almost at the end with only 1 entry. I'd love to enter but won't be able to cook until the first week of June.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jon Des.:
Any chance we might extend this 10-14 days since we're almost at the end with only 1 entry. I'd love to enter but won't be able to cook until the first week of June. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Works for me. I was hoping to get mine done this week, but ran out of time.

Great, I'd like to participate with my own chili rellenos (remember, that means "stuffed chili"). These are my favorite side dish unless I use poblanos for a meal. Been dying to make my poblanos with jalapenos in the stuffing, but my wife can't take hot. She's out of town this coming week, so guess what?
icon_biggrin.gif

Rich

Hi everyone. My apologies in advance for not knowing the rules, but do the entries have to be cooked during the submittal period? Or can I enter something that was cooked a few weeks ago? Thanks!

Sorry, been away and disconnected from the world for a while. I'd say let's call it since the interest in this dish just isn't there...

Congrats, Morgan. Looks like you're up to get the next Throwdown going
icon_wink.gif

Thanks folks...Sucks to win by default but I will take it I suppose....Humm.. next throwdown ingredient?

Back