Way to Go Nickel City Smokers!!!

Joanne Macek

TVWBB Member
Rumor has it...our very own Nickel City Smokers are in competition this weekend. A little bird told me they took a first in brisket and a 7th overall! Way to go guys!!!

Joanne

who here is in nickel city smokers?
icon_confused.gif
<span class="ev_code_GREY">(sorry butt i don't know!)</span>

Rumor has it...our very own Nickel City Smokers are in competition this weekend. A little bird told me they took a first in brisket and a 7th overall! Way to go guys!!!

Joanne

Thanks Joanne! And thanks everybody for the congrats!

We were really happy with our brisket box. It was the best we've turned in to date. We had a rough ride in the the first three categories, and figured we were out of the brisket top 10 too when they called second place, never figuring us for a first.

Despite chicken being our strongest and most practiced recipe, the cook was a total train wreck and the end product came out over seasoned with tough skin. Good thing we set our limited schedule up with back to back weekends because I know we can do better.

Here's our box:
IMG_1150.JPG

scores:
9 9 9
9 9 8
8 8 8
9 7 7
9 9 8
9 8 8

total: 170.2858

Those little uneven tufts of parsley on the border bug me. I didn't notice them when we boxed the meat. I guess it didn't matter though because we pretty much maxed the appearance.

Beautiful box, as proven by the scores. Looks good enough to eat. I will attempt one like it on the 3rd, hope my scores come close. Thanks for sharing.

Mark

Congrats Jeff and team! That's a great looking box. Gary and I might find ourselves in a bidding war over a taste of that.

Back