Smokey Joe cover?

Jered Crews

TVWBB Member
I just nabbed a Copper Smokey Joe Gold on eBay. Since it's a limited color and not like the dime a dozen black ones, I wanted to get a cover to protect it outside. Anybody have suggestions? I called Weber customer service and they don't carry one for it. I've tried a Q 200 cover, and it's the best fit I can find. It's pretty big and I'm afraid when a good wind picks up it may blow off. Worst yet, knock it over and chip the porcelain.

Jared - great find! I don't know how I missed that one! Do you have a link to the URL on ebay? I'd like to see what it looks like.

Pat

Nice find!
Just a thought.

I use the handle to hang my SJP on a hook in the ceiling of my garage. Keeps it up and ought of the way, and ought of the weather.

Tim

Thanks for the pic Jared - I don't know how I missed it, but my checkbook is glad I did, and I'm glad you have it to enjoy.

I thought about your problem yesterday while I was at Lowes and kept looking for something that might be a good cover. I kept thinking about an inverted garbage can, but it would have to be a large one since you need about 16.5 inches of diameter to sit on top of the SJ.

I say a large plastic bucket with rope handles - of the kind you might use to ice down beer for a party. It is plenty wide and tall and was only about $7, so I bought one and brought it home to see how it would work on my Smokey Joe.

I've not tried it yet because Joe was busy last night helping light charcoal for my WSM, but I think its going to be a perfect fit.

The great part is that you can use your "cover" to ice the beer for the party, cook on Joe, drink the beer, then flip the beer cooler back on top of Joe once Joe cools down and and the melted ice is dumped.

Its a two-fer!

Pat

Back