Gas Go-Anywhere in Sweden - Weber not nice

Tomas Bjornerback

TVWBB Member
Hi All!

I need to vent my thoughts right now. I recently went on a business trip to Eastern USA, and picked up a Gas Go-Anywhere from Home Depot on their $27 sale.

When I returned home to Sweden, I noticed that the thread on the regulator simply won't match anything you can find here.

I realized I need the brass fitting that is a part of the Weber 3666 kit (for the 20 pound bottles). I don't need the entire kit, but if that's the only thing they will sell, it's acceptable.

I have a P11 tank (11 kg), a regulator and a hose, which are leftovers from my trailer, and the idea is to use them with the brass fitting to get some grilling done!

I contacted my local Weber retailer (really nice guys!) and they contacted Weber Scandinavia, who found out that they weren't allowed by Weber to import that piece I need (part no 3666), because "it is not meant for foreign markets".

I contacted Weber support via e-mail, and got a few stupid answers and they mostly avoid answering my questions and seem not interested in sending me the brass fitting or even tell me the specifications for the thread so I can have someone make it for me.

Oh, man...

As my Signature reflects, I have a few Webers, all but one brought as luggage on airplanes from USA, so I can be considered a "fan", but this little brass fitting really makes me loose sleep (I'm wasting hours on the Internet looking for a solution).

Oh, man... What should I do?

I'm going back to the US in June, so probably I will find that adapter kit somewhere, but it will be July before I can even try it out. I want to try it now (you know how it is, I hope)
icon_smile.gif

Anyway... Thanks for listening to my whining
icon_smile.gif

Back