Question on Stoker Calibration

Derrick Russ

I notice in the documentation of the stoker that the probes are supposed to come with a "CAL Number" for each in the manual that was provided. I can only assume this is a "calibration number". Mine did not and I am wondering if my probe temps are off just a bit. The reason I wonder is I just plugged two probes in to get ready for a cook and they are just laying out on the table side by side and they are reading a good 12* different.

Is there a suggested method of calibrating the probes that an owner can do?

Thanks. I read through that thread and there was some helpful information and now I know that it is possible for the owner to calibrate the stoker.

That said; my manual and that thread do not really explain the how? I can figure out how to enter the CAL number in the stoker, but how to I determine it? I know that the boiling water method is what I will use to determine how off the probe is, but how does that give you the calibration number? I.e. if I am in boiling water at sea level on the east coast (212*) and the probe reads 201* is the cal number just the difference?

OK. I think I figured this out today.

If I am not mistaken, you just fiddle with the CAL number up or down to get the temp to your target known temp (in my case 212.4 given water boiling at my elevation and barometric pressure today). This will then pop the temp up or down as you change the CAL number. I had one that I needed to raise about 8 degrees as the worst. All the CAL numbers in the system were set at 37 and none of my probes were accurate there.

Back