2008 Weber Q Gas Grills

Mac Mayhew

TVWBB Member
I am not sure if everyone knows this, but according to what I heard from Weber, all 2008 Weber Q gas grills will accept either the 14.1 oz or 16 oz. propane tanks. I just bought a Q 220 and noticed that the grill could use either size with no problem. I know that the problem with having to use the smaller, more skinny tank has been mentioned by other in the past, so this is welcome news.

By the way, I love this new grill. I am still partial to charcoal, and will never give it up, but I was looking for something that I could use during the week without having to wait for the coals to get ready. Sear marks are great, easy to clean, great heat, and portable enough to take with you. Great grill!

I omdified my older Weber Q to take the more readily available Coleman tanks. Just remove the wire that hold the skinny tank. You can stop there or you can bend a clotheshanger to take the Coleman tan.

Other than that, the connections are the same.

I have a Weber Q and was having a problem with the regulator i thoungt. I mostly use it with a 20lb. tank... The grill would just not heat up like it use to. I would start the grill off on high and everything was fine and than it would go down all by itself, you could hear the propane cut back. Called weber cust, srv. and they told me to turn the 20lb tank on slowly, they said take up to 10 sec. and turn it all the way up. Never started the grill like this before but it worked and so far no problems.

Back