Farmer's Market Food.

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Visited the winter farmers market last Saturday morning and picked up some great stuff.
Among them were brats from the Dominion Valley Farm in Allenton, Wisconsin (just south of Fond du Lac).
Well, last night we cooked'um up. These are their Cheddar/Jalapeno brats...
DSCN8008.JPG

DSCN8010.JPG

After they were grilled, we plated them on Wisconsin cheeses, fresh Basil leaves, grilled onions and a few sweet peppers.
Along for the ride were sautéed yellow carrots (also purchased at the FM) and a coupla Fingerling taters.
DSCN8013.JPG

In there, somewhere, is the sausage...
DSCN8015.JPG

...and mighty tasty too!
The yellow carrots are sooo sweet, they almost taste like candy ~ w0w!
If any of you members here are from the Milwaukee area, or if you're planning on swingin' thru the area on a Saturday moring, REALLY! Swing by this place.
It's located on the Wisconsin State Fair grounds just off I-94 and 84th Street. In the Tommy Thompson Youth Center.
Certainly NOT your typical farmer's market. I'll be going back. It runs thru the middle of April.
Also picked up some outstanding salami from this place, Bolzano Meats....
Their FiggyPuddin™ Salami and Pig Red ™ Salami is FRICKENFANTASTIC!!
figg_pro_sqz.jpg
pigr_pro_sqz.jpg

Anyway, thanks for stoppin' in.

Great looking food Jim and just wish we had that type of market down here in Georgia. We have Farmers Markets but they rarely have anything that looks as good as this. Another reason I should be moving back to the midwest.
icon_smile.gif

Nice cook...this farm is down the road from me...its a small world. I will have to check them out.

Looks like you're getting the food ready for the big game. Fantastic. And the salami! Holymoley!

Jim,

You need to get a job as photographer for a food/cooking magazine. I believe you could make a bologna and bread sandwich look like a gourmet meal!
icon_smile.gif

Scotty W.

If you hand a great Chef some fantastic Protein The outcome can only be Amazing!

C~ + P* = A^ Basic math ppl!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Looks Killer Jim!

Man do those brats look good, when I could see 'em!
icon_wink.gif

Super cookin' Mr CPA!

STL has several FM's, but most close for the winter.
Great finds Jim!

The Dominion Valley Farm site has some tasty sounding recipes too, such as peach ribs.

Great looking dinner and looks like you got a lot of great stuff at the Farmers Market.Was anything left for everybody else after you walked thru?

Thanks for all your very kind comments
icon_smile.gif

yes, John, there was plenty of everything left when I did...
icon_razz.gif

Seriously folks, if you're in the Milwaukee area on Saturday mornings (before noon), swing on by the Milwaukee County Winter Farmer's Market. You'll absolutely <span class="ev_code_RED">?</span> it!!

Back