Table or Cart for the Kettle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branon S.

TVWBB Super Fan
Has snyone ever made a cart or table for your weber kettle to sit in? I hvae a 22.5" OTG and love it but I'm thinking I might like to turn it into a homemade performer. Please post pics it you have any. Thanks!

You could make this work. Scroll to the WSM work station at the bottom. I can invision a few ways to make that work.

Q'n, Golf'n & Grill'n.... too many choices!
Gary

Yes, I have seen that work table but I'm looking to enclose the kettle and maybe the wsm in one unit (create a magical weber grill/smoke station). I need to keep little hands off of them when their hot. I was thinking of making a BGE type cart but enclosed with a flip up top so i could just set the OTG and wsm inside without making any mods to the cookers themselves. There would be front access doors for both cookers to adjust vents and empty ashes.

Branon,

I can see some design headaches by creating your grill station with a lift top. Think about a design table where you place your cookers on the cart floor, and you build gates into the surround for access. You could make it a decorative part of the build, or plane Jane and put them on the pack. The frame could be similiar in design to what I linked to above, and you go from there. Design the counter top where the space is big enough so you could just drop the cookers in, without going through the sides. If building out of wood this will give you enough space to protect the work station from radiating heat. If building out of other materials you make the work space a bit tighter to the cooker, but that is not necessary. I would not mess with the work top, as much as side access. At the same time you will adequately protect those little hands.

Here is my build.

Gary

That is a awesome set up you've got. I'm putting mine on my deck and I want to be able to take it with me when we move. I am not a carpenter and proved that recently when I built a pergola on my deck.

When empty it is moveable..... kind of. I have no intention of leaving it behind should I move, unless I use it to negotiate a sale. Your objective is quite achievable with a little ingenuity. You could frame in steel studs, angle iron. Have a welder frame out the bones of your work station, and you finish in lighter materials, including casters. There are a lot of options.

Gary

Regarding the Weber 7412 Table. How do you cover the thing? Do they make an oversized cover? My Kettle sits outside so i keep it covered when not in use.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
performer cover?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure. Also, I saw a "Grill with Worktable" cover at the local garden center / Weber dealer. It looked like a newer style performer cover in a different package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back