Sausage Biscuits

Eric Aarseth

TVWBB Super Fan
A guest brought over sausage biscuits as an appetizer for T-day dinner. They were great. I think the basic recipe was adding cooked sausage to a bisquik batch of biscuits.

My mind raced to using a smoked fattie for the sausage and also eating them for breakfast.

I'm guessing this is nothing new - so does anyone have a sausage biscuit recipe they are willing to share?

Don't know if this is what your looking for but I googled sausage bisquits and came up with this.
This simple make ahead recipe freezes very well; just reheat for a quick breakfast.
INGREDIENTS:

* 1/2 lb. pork breakfast sausage
* 1-1/2 cups baking mix
* 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
* 1 egg, beaten
* 2 Tbsp. milk
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/8 tsp. pepper

PREPARATION:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large skillet, break up sausage and cook over medium heat until thoroughly cooked. Drain well and then drain on paper towels.

In a large bowl, mix baking mix, cheese and sausage until well distributed.

In small bowl, beat together egg, milk and salt and pepper. Add to baking mix mixture and blend until mixture forms a ball. Shape into 24 balls, using about 1 Tbsp. of dough for each.

Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until browned and cooked through. Serve immediately or freeze. Reheat in microwave or oven until hot.

Back