New purchase

Christos Savva

Hi there
Well as with many here, 4 Webers are just not enough
icon_wink.gif
I found a used 2009 Compact Kettle 22.5 on ebay and snatched it for $36 (23 pounds).

I dont have a car so it had to travel on the London Underground. Luckily it came with a cover.

ipod3.jpg

I dont think they sell the compact in the US. Its a basic model, sort of like a large smokey Joe. Its has a nice large cooking area.

ipod.jpg

Got some chicken wings marinated in Soy sauce, Chicken leg quarters with S&P and oregano and some ribs for the test cook.

ipod1.jpg

ipod2.jpg

The food tasted great but for some reason (I think charcoal had absorbed moisture) the coals died and I had to refuel halfway through.
Overall happy with my new purchase but Ill have to figure out how to use it properly. In my experience with the smokey Joe Silver I have to leave one side of the lid slightly open otherwise the coals die, even with both vents open. Hopefully it was just rotten coals though.

Thanks for looking

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ill have to figure out how to use it properly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
by the looks of your dinner Christos, there is zero to figure out. Looks Great!
yeah, wet or damp coal sucks the donuthole BIGtime!

Welcome to the board Christos! Nice score, great first cook, and even better story about transporting it home.

Great score and fine looking cook! Looking forward to seeing more of that grill in action in the near future!

A great find. I do miss living in a city from time to time, but looking at you with the grill on the tube makes me think that there are several things in my life that are easier because of where I have cosen to live.

Nice find Christos and a good looking cook you did. As with several others, I think you probably had old or damp charcoal you were trying to cook with. I also live in a damp part of the country and very seldom re-use any charcoal. It's not worth the savings and I don't have to worry about the fire going out. Welcome to the forum.
wsmsmile8gm.gif
Bob

Back