Just got a used Q-300

I've been charcoal only for the last 5 or so years with the SMC and platinum kettle. I decided it was time for a gasser. Got a real deal on used 300 on craigslist.

It was a toss up between the 300 and the Spirit 310.

Thanks to Phil and others who've posted some great info about the 300. Now I'm heading outside to clean her up.
icon_biggrin.gif

Email sent Phil. Thanks!

The Q300 took a bit more cleanup time then I had expected. The previous owner was not very caring of the grill. It was a mess. Cleaned up pretty nice though.
icon_smile.gif

Even worse than that, he had pretty much everything built bassackwards.
icon_mad.gif
I had to take half the grill apart and put it back together. I really did not notice it when I picked it up.

A quick burger and dog cook tonight proved I'll be happy with this grill. Just what I want for a quick cook when I don't have time to fire up coals for the kettle.

One question I have for the 2 burner Q veterans. The rear portion of the large perimeter burner takes a while to ignite and the flame from it is pretty small. I still need to print and read the manual but my guess is it might need to be cleaned. If anyone can provide a quick answer tht would be great.

Thanks,
George

George
Yep you are right, the burner needs a clean.

I am guessing from your posts that you have a mechanical/DIY apptitude, give it a good clean with a brush and make sure the holes and slot are clear. If this does not fix it you may need to remove it and blow it/clean it out. You should have an even flame all the way around, (a blue flame cone about 1/2" high with no or very little yellow flame). Generally a yellow flame will indicate incorrect air mix, a small blue flame will indicate a restricted flow. A small flame in one quadrant generall indicates blocked holes/slot or a tube blockage.

Did you get a griddle/hot plate with your Q300?

Regards

Thanks for the cleaning tip Phil. I just read the manual and as you stated, the burner needs a cleaning. I did try to pin clean but it was not very effective. There must be more junk in the berner tube restricting gas/air flow. I will remove tomorrow evening to clean.

I don't have any accessories at this point. I do want to get the griddle, the cover, and the Grill Out Light for the 300. I spoke with Weber CS in the US tonight and was given a part number of 60182 for the light. I cannot find that part reference anywhere online but will keep looking.

Got your email with the recipes Phil.
icon_cool.gif

Back