Lid Holders

Hi Paul,
Because I used a WSM water pan. I took advantage of the factory hole and just installed some 1/4-20 SS hardware and hang the lid on the pot handle
DSCN3865.JPG

DSCN3872.JPG

DSCN3718.JPG

Originally posted by Mac:
Hi Paul,
Because I used a WSM water pan. I took advantage of the factory hole and just installed some 1/4-20 SS hardware and hang the lid on the pot handle
That's a water pan from a 22, right? I have an 18 and my water pan isn't that deep. Mine is an older 18, so maybe the newer ones are deeper?

Originally posted by Chad Anderson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mac:
Hi Paul,
That's a water pan from a 22, right? I have an 18 and my water pan isn't that deep. Mine is an older 18, so maybe the newer ones are deeper? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's the new 18.5 water pan.

Originally posted by Mac:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chad Anderson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mac:
Hi Paul,
That's a water pan from a 22, right? I have an 18 and my water pan isn't that deep. Mine is an older 18, so maybe the newer ones are deeper? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's the new 18.5 water pan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I had no idea the the newer water pans were that big. Looks like you had to add side clips for the lid though, does it hold the smoke and heat well?

Paul, if you add a thermometer on the lid you will be able to slide the lid off and it will hang by the wingnut inderneath and will not move because the lid will be stabilized by the smoker body it sit's against.

Boy was that a long sentence.
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Chad Anderson:
Looks like you had to add side clips for the lid though, does it hold the smoke and heat well?
I originally tried using some Flat Stock on the inside of the pots lip, but the fit was to tight for the cooking grates.
DSCN3613.JPG

DSCN3616.JPG

Because the "Lid" fits on top of the pot, I opted for some BGE gasket material trimmed to fit and the tabs to center it.

Gasket and tab.
DSCN3901.JPG

With Lid
DSCN3904.JPG

It seals up great. I only have a slight blowby at the base of the pot.

It looks like the old 18 WSM uses the Smokey Joe lid as a water pan while the newer one uses the bottom bowl.

Mac, what handle are you using and did you order a spearate 18 WSM water bowl? If so how much was it.

Originally posted by J Reyes:
Mac, what handle are you using and did you order a spearate 18 WSM water bowl? If so how much was it.

John,
The metal part of the handle came from a curb find SJS. The wood handle I had on hand from a CL purchase.
The Water bowl/Lid I ordered from Weber a couple of years ago with a bunch of other items. Sorry I don't remember what I paid for it.

Back