Well, I bought one...

StanHenson

TVWBB Member
So I bought a Smokey Joe Silver on CL. Brand new, good price. I picked up some bungee cords to tie it off and have cooked in it twice.

I don't need it. I have enough outdoor cooking equipment. But I can't turn down a good deal!

Anyway, apart from taking it on the road, what does one do with this little guy? I'm going to use it to collect charcoal from my WFO before making pizza, but any other ideas would be appreciated. I love how well it cooks on so little fuel.

Stan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StanHenson:
Anyway, apart from taking it on the road, what does one do with this little guy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You make a mini smoker out of it! You can't miss the numerous posts here that describe just how to do that.

Definitely do the mini WSM mod. However, it's not really a mod since you still have the Smokey Joe unaffected and can be used for grilling anytime.

Use mine as a small grill, small meat smoker, and heat source for my camp Dutch oven to fry stuff. Like George, it gets more use than the bigger equipment in the collection.

Disregard my original post!

Today I found a nice fillet of salmon. I wanted it for lunch. 30 briqs and 20 minutes later, and I'm eating grilled salmon and panzanella made with grilled bread. Lunch for one, 2 handfuls of charcoal, no waiting. Love the SJS!

Stan

Back